BUT all subsequent running at the proper pace has shown no unusual chest pain so eight marathons are still on. We have to find a couple more marathons now, so Jared has agreed to join me and anyone else interested, for the St George, Utah Marathon on Oct 3, '09, (if we get selected!)
PREVENTIVE SELF-MEDICATION The truth of the matter is that all my life I have had chest pains following over-exertion, and have survived to septagenarianhood. So nothing is new. I'm sure the medical folks would advise me to stop strenuous exertion, like stump grinding and marathon running, and have me taking a handful of pills everyday. But Why? I've made it thus far and I'm thinking "if it works don't fix it!" Plus all my life, thanks to a wise wife, I have focussed on eating good stuff and avoiding bad stuff to keep from getting the various diseases most old folks endure, consequently I can spend my time running with my kids and grandkids instead.

STEILACOOM 1/2 MARATHON 2:23

UN-USER FRIENDLY TECHNOLOGY!!! The Garmin problem this day was because that blankety blank 405 required a degree of nerdiness that was way beyond my capacity with it's touch sensitive bezel, tap here, rub here, slide here, for nigh unto a bzillion menus that appeared un-wanted, and usually wouldn't go away. The item wanted was usually no where to be found, and definitely not right now when it was needed.
So while I thought I had it set ready to go at the start of the run, it wasn't, and I ran without it. It has since been traded off for my blessed old Garmin 305, shown here, which is ugly as sin, fits like gramma's corset and keeps sliding where it's not wanted. But we understand each other and have developed a working relationship based not on heart-felt attraction, but upon it's ability to produce information I need, when I need it, in a manner I can comprehend, and it helps that it has red trim!
1 comment:
Silly Garmin! You just can't trust technology these days! :)
Glad you're feeling better!
Post a Comment