As we moved around a lot, obviously I changed schools often, once even going to three different schools in one year! I did OK but I wasn't a brilliant scholar. I never really got into sports, except maybe softball, but I could ride a horse and could shoot a magpie out of a tree or a smart alex gopher off his mound. I think I went to eight schools ending up at Three Hills HS where I graduated with a Senior Matriculation which was designed for college entrance.

Me closest to the camera at Glen Leven School near Irricana, Alberta, in 1950.

Me standing back left outside Glen Leven School on a nice spring day in 1951.
Mom was very self-motivated and immediately after we moved to Calgary, she decided to attend the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) two blocks from home and got a diploma in Architectural Drafting. She was subsequently hired by SAIT in the Drafting Department and spent the next twenty years as their star draftswoman.
I also attended SAIT studying Surveying and Drafting at the same time as Mom, completing only one year before heading to Europe for a three year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Later, after completing my MA in Counselling at BYU I was hired by SAIT to set up a brand new Student Counselling Service, which was located in that building below, but I found it very boring and soon left to go on to other things!

No comments:
Post a Comment